Monday 4 May 2015

3 weeks to go!

Exams are over. We've had our vaccinations. I've started packing up everything I own so it can go into storage, as I can't afford to keep my flat while I'm away. We are continuing to prepare for our placement, even if things have been quiet on the blog for a while.

Basically, due to a couple of things out of our control, we are still waiting for the last official bit of paperwork. This is the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between our university and the college of nursing in Malawi, and without it nothing can move forward.

We have been assured that this delay doesn't mean the project is doomed. But being in limbo like this, so close to when we're due to leave, is frustrating. Especially since we completed our part of the official paperwork in November. And until we have the MOU, which is the last piece of a seemingly complex jigsaw, we aren't allowed to book our flights, or arrange accommodation. This does not match up with the timeline I had planned, or the Gantt chart I drew up way back last September. But I am trying to be optimistic, and flexible. The planning process so far has been a lesson in patience and perseverance.

Every time I get an email, I hope it will be the news we're waiting for. Fingers crossed we'll have more of an update in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Gantt chart - so Corrinne!
    Thinking of you all at this time - good luck! (Or, kick some ass...).
    Russell

    ReplyDelete